UK Internet Governance Forum 2019
Download the 2019 UK IGF Forum Report
The theme of this year’s UK Internet Governance Forum meeting was ‘Ensuring a healthy digital society by 2050’.
We were be joined by experts from a variety of organisations to explore these key topics:
- Data Governance: The technical, legal and organisational aspects of the handling and exchange of data.
- Digital Inclusion: Issues of access and equal participation in digitalisation and its participatory shaping.
- Security, Safety, Stability & Resilience: Matters of data protection, data security and the protection of people, resources and infrastructure in the digital age.
Presentation slides can be viewed UK IGF 2019
See the full agenda here.
Videos from all the sessions can be viewed below.
Highlights of the day
Opening remarks: Eleanor Bradley, MD Registry & Public Benefit, Nominet
Discussion of the future of Internet Governance over the next 30 years
- Adrian Lovett, President and CEO of World Wide Web Foundation
Current developments/proposals for the future of Internet Governance
• Sheetal Kumar, Global Partners
• Stacie Hoffman, Oxford Information Labs
• Maeve Walsh, Carnegie
• Dominique Lazanski, Last Press Label
Use of and attitudes to the internet in the UK: key findings from Ofcom’s Online Nation report
- Ian Macrae, Ofcom
Digital Inclusion & Education
- Gareth Jones, Scouts
- Adam Micklethwaite, Good Things Foundation
Risk, Harm & Ethics in Digital Society: Healthy Digital Society?
- Victoria Nash, Oxford Internet Institute
- Alex Krasodomski-Jones, Demos
- Darren Jones MP
- Chloe Colliver, ISD
Empowering Users: Can ‘Safety by Design’ learn from Tech for Good
- Ben Bradley, Tech UK’s Senior Policy Manager (Chair)
- Rachel O’Connell, Trust Elevate
- Antonia Bayly, Online Safety Policy at DCMS
- Noor Mo’alla, Doteveryone
- David Hunter, Crisp
Cybersecurity: challenges and opportunities
- Sheetal Kumar, Global Partners
- Kat Jones, FCO
Policy & Technology: developing both in harmony
- Andrew Puddephat, Internet Watch Foundation
- Vinous Ali, Tech UK
- Lindsay Taylor, BEIS
- Frédéric Donck, Director of the ISOC European Bureau
- Rowena Schoo, Nominet (Chair)
Summary of the day
- Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Internet Society UK England Chapter
- Paul Blaker, DCMS
- Gareth Jones, Scouts
- Nick Wenban-Smith, Nominet
See more information on the UK IGF speakers